30 days of Artificial Intelligence
After 30 days of writing about artificial intelligence (AI) every day I have come to a clear understanding that I am just starting out. Both in my current journey of writing an article every day for 500 days and in a general sense in terms of knowledge: this is only the beginning.
30 days of writing about AI has shown perhaps more than anything my lack of understanding. Thus as much as it has sparked my curiosity for the great diversity of fields connecting to this one concept it has built an increasing respect for writers, researchers, thinkers and doers in this field of AI.
The article you are writing is meant to help you navigate my work the last 30 days. It is not easy to understand where to start, but you could see what catches your interest or work through the days if you like.
Below is a collection of my 30 articles so far:
- Defining AI
- AI and sustainable cities
- Funding ethical AI
- Patents in the field of AI
- AI for good and AI for Bad
- AI governance in Argentina and Uruguay
- Writers in the field of AI
- Scandinavian AI Strategies
- Social science and AI
- #1 milestone with 10 reflections
- AI in property technology
- Inequalities and AI
- Artificial Intelligence and religion
- AI contextual awareness
- Critiquing algorithms
- AI assisting scientific research
- Digital insecurities surrounding AI and blockchain
- Artificial Intelligence in Switzerland
- Water and artificial intelligence
- Artificial intelligence and music
- #500daysofAI after 20 days
- Everyday Life and Microprediction
- The Bias of Things
- AI and Nine Forms of Intelligence
- AI in Elderely Care (interview)
- AI to Coordinate Emergency Efforts (interview)
- The Centre for Artificial Intelligence (CAIR)
- Qualitative Methods in Data Science
- AI in Physical Product Design
- Very Artificial Poetry
- Today! This article you are reading right now.
What did I learn?
Not that much, sadly, but hey — this is only my early days.
Firstly I have learned that there are many techniques and names within the field of AI, so much that you can get lost. Yet there is no need to worry too much, because there are explanations if you search and you are persistent.
Secondly, I have come to learn that those I love can get rather annoyed by my tap-tap-tap on the keyboard during late evenings. On the other hand sustained interest does lead to gaining new teachers. There is a fine line between passion and addiction/obsession.
Thirdly I am beginning to understand that a qualitative approach within social sciences wanting to work with computer scientists has a place in the development of AI. The contours of a working relationships can be seen.
Fourthly, that the community surrounding AI (in Oslo, Norway at least) is welcoming and willing to talk about the upsides or downsides. There is an intellectual joy and curiosity that is contagious, like watching someone who loves to dance or beating your foot to the rhythm of a beat.
To sum up some points I have explored so far within my writings:
- Definitions of AI
- Ethics and bias
- National AI Strategies
- Applications of AI in different industries
- Qualitative methods in the field of AI and Data Science
- Security and sustainability relating to AI
I sure wish you the best and I am open for critique and comments on any of my articles. Thank you so much for reading.
This is day 31 of #500daysofAI, follow me for daily updates on AI.
What is #500daysofAI?
I am challenging myself to write and think about the topic of artificial intelligence for the next 500 days with the #500daysofAI. This is a challenge I invented to keep thinking of this topic and share my words with you.